The Company Operating Name: 15150141 Canada Inc. o/a Florenceville Inn
Title of Position: Laundry Attendant (NOC 65320)
Business Address: 239 Burnham Rd. Florenceville-Bristol, New Brunswick E7L 1Z1
No# of Positions: 1
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent - Year round
Language Requirement(s): English
Wage: CAD 18.25 – 20.00/hour
Benefits Package (if applicable): none
Hours (each week): 32 -40 hrs/week
Location of work: 239 Burnham Rd. Florenceville-Bristol, New Brunswick E7L 1Z1
Education: Completion of secondary school
Work Experience: Over 7 months of relevant experience. Laundry experience will be given preference.
• Pick up soiled linen and deliver clean linen to all Customers.
• Empty and wash carts;
• Sort soiled laundry; remove and dispose of bio-hazardous materials; fill bags for tunnel washing;
• Weigh and record soiled laundry bags;
• Hoist laundry bags on washing machines and/or dryers;
• Operate washing machines; monitor chemical levels of washing machines;
• Monitor basic operational faults
• Unload washing machines
• Load clean, damp laundry into appropriate drying machines, or hangs to dry;
• Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
• Unload dryers; removes lint from lint baskets; remove hung clothes;
• Use hand-held steam iron to touch up finished garments and other articles
• Sort, fold and store clean laundry;
• Sort, wash, dry and fold special items such as bedspreads, duvets, sheers, shower curtains etc.
• Match invoices or tags with dry-cleaned or laundered articles
• Record damage or improper cleaning or laundering of articles
• Provide customer service
• Maintain the cleanliness of the laundry room.
• Provide minor adjustments and cleanings for laundry equipment;
• Receive laundry requisitions;
• Load, scan, weigh, mark, record, and wrap clean laundry carts for delivery;
• Follow all Health & Safety procedures and regulations to ensure a safe work environment.
• Ensure the safe storage, issue and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment as directed by manufactures on their Materials Safety Data Sheets, (MSDS).\
• Sorting all linens and correctly treating stained linens.
• Providing the Housekeeping departments with clean linen
• Maintain standards of punctuality, uniform presentation and personal hygiene
• Work and communicate in a professional manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to develop team spirit
• Perform other duties as required by Management.
- Self motivated
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work without supervision
- English comprehension and Expression
- Working knowledge of Hospitality Industry an asset
- High School diploma.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful situations.
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
Over 7 months of relevant experience. Laundry experience will be given preference.
Contact Information: Please send your resume to email@example.com