Millwork Assembler (94211)
Company Name: Avid Contracting Ltd.
Position: Millwork Assembler (94211)
Wage Rate: $26 per hour. 40 hours per week.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time, Weekend, Day, Evening shift, if required.
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Education: High School Certificate required.
Experience: 1 or more years of experience is asset.
Positions Available: 01
Business Location: Unit 9-19299 94 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V4N 4E6
Work Location: Various Locations across Lower Mainland, BC
• Complete daily hazard assessments
• Accurately install doors, frame & hardware as per manufacturer’s specifications, drawings, and industry standards
• Build and/or install slat ceilings, cabinets, baseboards, casings, etc.
• Load materials and gather equipment required for the installation, site setup
• Take accurate measurements using levels, rulers, squares, and other measurement tools
• Measure, cut, and shape, and assemble wood, composition, and other materials
• Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or other adhesives
• Maintain quality control, trouble-shoot and resolve issues as they arise
• Read architectural drawings, floor plans, hardware schedule and installation instructions to determine the right hardware and its proper installation for each opening
• Understand the different functions, uses, and styles of hardware
• Drill and install various types of handles, closers, panic bars, and other hardware fixtures
• Proper use of hand tools, power tools, and ladders
• Use chisels, planers, shapers, jointers, routers, sanders, nailers, drills, screw guns and various power saw
• Maintain and clean equipment and work areas, site cleanup.
• Arrive for your scheduled shift on time with all required PPE and tools, ready to work.
• Clock in / out accurately using company timesheet software.
• May Use and update company communication software daily
• Attention to detail.
• Good communication skills
• Work under pressure
Benefits: Extended medical benefits will be provided after completion of probation.
Employer: Avid Contracting Ltd.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AS SPECIFIED BELOW:
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
BY FAX: 604-427-0676