Metal Fabrication Helper (F2023-1115)
Fraserway Prekast is a manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer of quality precast concrete products. Our projects range from residential precast concrete products such as stair units and on-site wastewater to large complicated custom structural precast products for civil infrastructure and commercial such as municipal water works, traffic control, and civil utility.
We are looking to hire a Metal Fabrication Helper (NOC 95101).
The position is full time, 30-40 hours per week. It is based out of Address: 22765 Fraser Highway Langley, BC, V3A 4R6, which is also our business address. You will work throughout the lower mainland.
The position pays between $28.50 per hour and $32.00 per hour, depending on level of experience with the possibility of performance-based raises. You will also receive extended health benefits, prescription drugs, dental coverage, and 2 weeks’ vacation. The Company will provide on the job training and will provide Personal Protective Equipment training as well as WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems) training. The worker is to provide their own Steel-toed safety boots.
The description of the job:
Labourers in metal fabrication remove excess metal and unwanted materials from metal parts, castings and other metal products and perform other labouring activities.
The duties of the position:
• Read and interpret work orders
• Operate metal cleaning equipment such as wheelabrators, deburrers and shotblasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale, and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products
• Polish metal products to mirror finish
• Immerse metal products in cleaning solutions
• Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metalworking machine operators or other metal workers
• Transport raw materials and finished metal products manually or using hoists or other devices
• Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
• Clean work areas and equipment
• Load and unload vehicles using hand truck or dolly
• May cut, grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools.
The requirements of the position are:
• Good knowledge related to the delivery of operations in large-scale production or processing of goods, according to safety and quality standards, will be preferred
• Knowledge of metal production methods, inputs, outputs, workflow, and industrial processes including safety, quality control and cost estimation, will be preferred
• Be experienced in handling goods and materials, including loading, unloading, and sorting will be an asset to have
• Shop keeping / housekeeping skills will be an asset to have
• No Formal trade education or certificate required
• Some prior experience necessary, and on the job training will be provided
These personal suitability traits:
• Efficient interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral communication
• Team player
In accordance with applicable plan and policies, the Company Benefits include:
• Dental plan
• Health care plan
• Paramedical services coverage
• Vision care benefits
• Group insurance benefits
• Life insurance
• Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
• Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP)
• Free parking available
• Learning/training paid by employer
• Travel insurance
Fraserway PreKast promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth. We encourage all who feel qualified to apply.