Jamjar www.jam-jar.ca is seeking a Line Cook. It’s a permanent full-time (35 hours per weekday, evening, weekend) position with a wage of $18.00/h and gratuities, a 4% paid vacation. We offer extended health benefits.
Employment location: 125 Victory Ship Way suite 122, North Vancouver, British Columbia, V7L 0B2
Start date: As soon as possible
Main responsibilities and duties as a Line Cook:
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes according to company recipes.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to company recipes using various kitchen equipment;
• Wash, cut, chop and peel ingredients;
• Slice vegetables, meats, and bread products, and portion them appropriately;
• Precook necessary ingredients as well as pre-assemble dishes and ingredients with appropriate portions;
• Portion, arrange, and garnish food;
• Maintain inventory of food, supplies, and equipment;
• Monitor and order supplies as required;
• Ensure all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality;
• Communicate effectively with other kitchen staff;
• Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
• No education is required;
• Must have at least 1 year of commercial cooking experience;
• Must be able to multi-task and plan ahead.
• Must be able to work under minimum supervision and in a very fast-paced environment;
• Must be able to speak in English;
• Must have good communication and organization skills.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org