Executive General Manager
Founded in 1995, Time Education Inc. provides top quality tutoring services for all academic levels from Elementary to College and University. We also provide consultation services on academic and career planning, and assist students in applications to secondary schools and post-secondary institutions. Our current three campuses are located across the Greater Vancouver – with offices in Richmond, Vancouver and South Surrey.
Our tutoring services cover a wide range of subjects including Academic English, Adult English, ESL, SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Science, Social Studies, Business, Computer Science, French, Spanish and so on. We have a strong faculty that includes school teachers with valid BC provincial accreditation and university professors. Most of our teachers are bi-lingual; therefore, students have the options for classes to be taught in Chinese and/or English. We offer both on-line and in-person classes in small group or one on one settings, targeting students with different needs and learning habits.
Time Education Inc. is seeking a full-time Executive General Manager to provide leadership on all matters of administration, strategic direction on visioning and planning of innovative program models; and ensure financial viability.
Terms of employment: Permanent, full-time
Working hours: 30-35 hours per week
Job start date: ASAP
Wage: $50.00 per hour
Location: #412-5300 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC Canada V6X 2X9
Experience: At least 5 years of experience as a middle manager in a related institution or organization are required
Education: A university degree or college diploma in business administration, hospital administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required
Start Date: ASAP
• Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
• Oversee the ongoing operations of all divisions in the company
• Manage and directs the company toward its primary goals and objectives
• Present regular reports on the status of the company's operations to the management team and to company staff
• Promote communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization
• Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
• Develop policies for employment, benefits and services, safety consciousness, performance appraisal and salary administration of all employees
• Oversee staff recruiting, training, and the development of hiring practices
• Oversee and develop evaluation protocols for all tutors, employees and the management team
• Directly manage, recruit, and evaluate middle managers
Operations and Finance:
• Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
• Oversee Time Education’s financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company
• Review the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the company's objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results
• Ensure the company's compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards
• Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve work methods
• Provide leadership for evaluating and ensuring quality in all aspects of educational programs, e.g., program development, program review, assessment of Distance & Online learning outcomes
• Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions
Marketing and Business Development:
• Establish and administer comprehensive public relations operations
• Undertake Brand building and Public relations and marketing efforts
• Conduct market research and analyze potential markets
• Develop strategies to expand the business into new markets, e.g. overseas
• Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area.
• Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader.
• Thorough understanding of management and financial practices in all areas and phases of business operations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software applications
Supervision: 5-10 people
Intended job posting audience:
Employment groups: Vulnerable Youth, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Please submit your CV and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your relevant experience to be considered for this position.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.