Location: 349 Railway Street. Suite 400. Vancouver BC. V6A 4A6
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $58,000-$60,000 annually.
Status: Permanent Employment. Full time. 1 Vacancy
Benefits: Extended Health (including paramedical and vision), Dental, Disability (short and long-term), Life Insurance, Pension, Parking, Onboarding Wellness.
The Waterfront Employers of British Columbia (WEBC) is a not-for-profit society acting as a third party administrator, processing health and pension benefits for approximately 7000 active and retired Longshore and Foremen members and their dependents.
This is a health benefits administration position. The individual works closely with other administrators in the delivery of pension and benefits administration services to members and is involved in all processes. Daily responsibilities are assigned and supervised by the Benefits Manager.
The position interacts with all staff (health and pension), finance and IT staff, clients, health services providers, Employee Assistance Plan Coordinator, Trustees and Union Officials.
• Determine eligibility status for members according to Plan Texts and established policies and procedures.
• Adjudicate claims based on member eligibility and the provisions of specific health plan in question, including keying claims data into claims processing systems and documenting all contacts made and actions taken.
• Bring to the Benefits Manager claims and issues requiring further adjudication discussion, including preparing case summaries where requested for referral to Trustees.
• Process applications for Leaves (including paid and unpaid) to be calculated and granted hours as a result of period(s) of disability
• Manage a system of loans to clients in coordinated with the Employee Assistance Plan Coordinator and the Finance & Accounting Team, ensuring loan and repayment amounts are accurately recorded, payroll deductions arranged with the payroll service provider, and all accounts are reconciled on a regular basis
• Work efficiently within unionized environments and possess the ability to communicate appropriately with external stakeholders such as Union Local Officials, as well as Union and Employer Trustees
• Interpret and apply Plan Text wording, medical reports, claims policies and procedures, statutory requirements and other guidelines affecting valuation and disposition of short- and long-term disability claims;
• Obtain relevant information as needed from claimants, employers, doctors, lawyers, brokers, third parties and other stakeholders in the disability claims process to verify claims information, determine status of accommodation and return to work, and identify the potential for current and future intervention and case management services.
• Check system-generated payment calculations for accuracy, performing manual calculations to determine a variety of benefit payment and adjustment amounts, overriding system limitations where manual calculations of benefits owing, offsets and taxes are required, and ensuring accurate coding of system fields
• On a one-to-one basis, supports other team members and new employees by demonstrating the execution of specific task and duties, and sharing knowledge and experience on request
• At least 1 year of experience in benefits administration or related field
• Completion of post-secondary certificate or diploma program of 1 to 2 years
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
• Proficient with formula calculations both manually and in excel
• Accuracy, ability to deal with high volume of claims, and strong organizational ability
• Previous experience in benefits administration and CEBS designation (complete or in process) is an asset
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Full-time five (5) days per week (8 hours per day) during regular business hours
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com